Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Do you know what to do when your Park Cities home or business experiences water damage? Whether there’s been a flood, a storm, or any sort of damage that happens due to a problem internally. There’s a place that can provide you with professional help 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. SERVPRO of Park Cities comes equipped with the experience, competence, and the proper equipment to assess the damage and restore your property. With over 1700 locations nationwide and each local franchise being owned and operated by individual business owners the attention to detail here at SERVPRO of Park Cities will put you at ease. The techniques we implore for the water removal, clean up, and restoration are constantly being refined to continue to be the leading in the industry. The goal here at SERVPRO of park cities is to make sure we can assist through all the steps of recovering from water damage and get you back to a place “Like it never even happened.”
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (214) 522-3000
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.